On Wed 23 Jun, Suzanne M Weiler wrote:
> dear list,
>
>         my name is  sue and i have been lurking here almost since my
>diagnosis last december.  i am 51 yrs old.  i just had my second visit
>with my neuro last thursday.  he thinks its time for sinimet.  he has
>prescribed 25/100--one tablet in the am for one week, then one tablet
>twice a day thereafter.
>     i filled the prescription and it has been sitting on my kitchen
>counter next to my vitamins and hormones for a whole week.  i guess i
>need some hand holding.  how do you start taking something that (in spite
>of being the gold standard) is apt to cause all kinds of nasty side effects?
>    i work full time in a gift shop where my tremor is affecting my fine
>motor skills.  there has been marked progression in the last year.
>
> you guys give great advice, and it's always given with such love and
>concern.  i know you understand how i feel.  so i'm hopping you'll be
>able to give me the kick in the pants i need to get started.

Hello Suzanne; First, I suggest that you read the e-mail from Joel
Eschmann titled 'Medication' Now those are side effects. I have worked
and taken Sinemet for the past 20 years, and I can tell you that Sinemet
is the one drug which you may take which does not have 'side effects.'
It is, after all a totally natural substance, and Dopamine produced  from
Sinemet is identical to Dopamine produced produced by the brain.
  If you feel that you would like to read more, I suggest that you go to
the web site at the URL given below. Look for my name, and read on....

  <http://james.parkinsons.org.uk/>
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>