Janet,
Yes, I know what you are saying.
I am currently under treatment by a psychiatrist and has, as a result, been
diagnosed to be severely depressed, the doctor using a long name with the
word 'major' somewhere inside.  Been prescribed to use a product with the
local name of 'Efexor'.  This could interact with Eldepryl and my
Eldepryl-usage have been halved, the psychiatrist and neurologist working
hand-in-glove.
I am still employed and is battling to be declared disabled.  The company is
busy with a restructuring exercise and I heard today that I lost my post.
What will happen now?
A senior colleague (trained as a anaethetist) discussed my depressive state
with me and basically told me to "snap out of it".
This makes one realise that there is an amazing lack of knowledge - even in
medical circles - about Parkinsons.
We had a National Symposium on Parkinsons last Saturday and this was
wonderful, inter alia meeting brothers of the soil, so to speak.
Through it all I realise that I as a person will surface, and that the
darkest of darknesses will not keep The Light from me.

Gerrit Kleynscheldt

Tel:    021 947 8918    (International  +27 21 947 8918)
Fax:    021 947 1521    (International  +27 21 947 1521)

Please note the following:
Because e-mail can be altered electronically,
the integrity of this communication cannot be guaranteed.