hi all

i have posted some
potentially 'scary to newbies' messages recently
with detailed descriptions of what some of us 'medium-timers'
deal with in terms of pd symptoms, med side-effects etc

we've got a couple of big problems with pd
as i see it

ignorance
and
ignorance

ignorance in the public/media/healthcare sectors
and
ignorance in our own little selves

the first = outer ignorance =
results in mis-diagnosis, mis-treatment, mis-information etc etc at all levels
which can be fatal both literally and/or indirectly to us

the second = inner ignorance =
results in denial, pain, fear and loathing
which can also be fatal both literally and/or indirectly to us

as i see it

i [we] have been given one heck of a challenge
it's not a punishment or malicious fate
it's just a test

and it's our task to do with it what we will
i said WILL

the method we choose for dealing with it
is our choice

we can collapse in fear and hide our heads in the sand
we can rant and rave in anger at 'the unfairness'
we can weep and wail in sorrow at our losses
or
we can do all of the above
and then
get on with living the rest of our lives to our best ability

not as we had imagined or planned them
but as they are
with the tools we now have
and with the skills we are now learning

our plans are/were/will be just that
plans
ideas
thoughts
not reality

this is real
my writing these words
your reading these words
our learning and caring about each other and about ourselves

enuff
end of lecture

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
PO Box 171  Almonte  Ontario  K0A 1A0  Canada
a new voice http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/