Peter and I want to thank ALL the 14 or so folks who responded to our
questions about his abdominal (maybe bladder) pain in the past few days.
It is an example of the wonderful support we all can find on these lists,
and  we have been alerted to several possibilities we hadn't thought of.  I
can say that he has had a recent prostate exam, so it doesn't seem to be
that.  Also, this morning, after voiding 8-9 oz. TWICE in the night, he got
up with only the usual stiffness, and felt OK (given his PD) today.
His internist said to take him to the ER, though, any time we felt it was
necessary, and they do not complain if he feels better when he has been
there a while.   This is a small city hospital, friendly and usually not
too hurried, especially in summer when the University students are gone.
Our tentative conclusion, given that all tests were negative and things
went well today, is that the pains may be a combination of full bladder,
gas (he has a lot from the lactulose) and the "normal" PD rigidity.  It was
reassuring to know that there are so many who have had similar experiences.
We are very aware of the danger of impaction, mentioned by one person,BTW.
There are other ideas we will check out with the docs, and for which we are
grateful, and I've copied all the posts for that purpose.
Thanks again for your quick and thoughtful help..

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 81/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "