At 11:38 1999/06/26 -0400, you wrote:
>Thank you very much Janet. You are probably right. He probably is
>undermedicated in levaodopa. I was visiting him in April (in India where
>he resides) he seemed ok for my first 10 days there. Then he started
>getting sick (flu and pneumonia infection). After I came back here in
>the US he was admitted to the hospital. Since then he is not doing good.
>Thats  what I don't understand, how come pd changed so rapidly? ...

it's not the pd that has changed
it could very  well be other medications interfering
and any stress/illness will make the pd sympoms worse temporarily

>We now have seeked the advice of another Nuerologist after consulting
>with our current doctor. ...

this is what worries me

>This neurologist suggested to use Tasmar and Mirapex.

this also worries me

>In fact just a couple days back I expressed mailed these two
>drugs from here since these are not readily available in India.

tasmar has been banned here

>I shall be looking out for my father and all Parkinson patients.

with all the concern that i can muster
i have to tell you that you need to read 'joe's story' on my website
before you can make that statement with any confidence

if you cant access it on the wwweb at:
<http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/pienet/words/joestory.html>
let me know and i will e-mail it to you

>If you have any information on Tasmar and/or Mirapex please let me know.

there is lots of info on both
but the neuro-conservative that i am
tells me to suggest to you that taking a step back
into your father's most recent successful medication regimen may be
a whole lot safer than jumping into a new neuro and new meds
when your father is already under stress

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
PO Box 171  Almonte  Ontario  K0A 1A0  Canada
a new voice http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/