Harlan Williams reacted about Dennis Greene's Holy Grail as follows:
        Let us live for something besides that which may never be found.
Let us accept our infirmities and live with them
        as best we can.  Let us not feel sorry for ourselves, for that takes
too much away from the rest of life.  Let us live for the day and live for
the moment.   And, let us try to live as normal a life as we possibly can.

I want to agree with this.  Everyone of us have surely gone through that
situation where we thought that just MAYBE we've been misdiagnosed and that
we will be back to normal when we wake up tomorrow.   Problem is that when
we wake up and find ourselves still with the P-thing, we seem to sink even
deeper into the slime and sludge we thought we had escaped from.  This is
hard on the mind and plays havoc with the emotions - and we know what THAT
does.
Be positive and carry the burden (for want of a better word) the best you
can and as an example to others - especially your carer - who needs it more
than you think.
Life is wonderful and is much better than the alternative.
Take up a new hobby - even if it exists only in your mind.
Have you ever tried to take virtual photographs? Imagine you have a camera
in front of your eye.
Look at the stunning cloud formations, the way the buildings interact with
each other, the specific look on the child's face the moment before it
changes into another expression.
Look at the way that the light falling on an object - especially a human
form - changes the hues and character of the object.  I live within eyesight
of Table Mountain and can never grow tired of the differences in colour,
texture and moods every time I look at it.
This can be so very enriching for the mind.
And the smile on your face will appear automatically.
Also the shine from within.

Gerrit Kleynscheldt

Tel:    021 947 8918    (International  +27 21 947 8918)
Fax:    021 947 1521    (International  +27 21 947 1521)

Please note the following:
Because e-mail can be altered electronically,
the integrity of this communication cannot be guaranteed.