Brennan, Terry wrote:

> ... In a nut shell, the decision says that if a condition can be
> treated (by medication) and as a result the individual can
> "function" and not be limited in their major life activities, they
> are not considered disabled. That leaves all of us who are still
> working in a very precarious position. If our production should
> fall off due to advancing PD (or adjusting to new meds), we could
> be fired w/o recourse.

According to the ADA as I understand it, the employer must make
reasonable accommodations for disabilities such as by scheduling
changes, rest periods,  etc.  Are we in the same position as someone
whose disability is corrected, e.g. by medicine or eyeglasses, or is
it different for those of us who have symptoms and side effects that
impair our ability to work in spite of our medication?

Then again, even ADA protection may be insufficient when employers
try to find ways to break the rules or else put up big bucks to
challenge them in court.

Phil Tompkins
Hoboken NJ
age61/dx 1990