I must say I agree with you to a large extent.  If ya think about it
too, strictly focusing on The Cure exclusively, as the single end goal,
is not the way to go.  Not only does the Bible hint to that (Seek ye
first the Kingdom of God and all these things shall be given unto you ),
Deepak Chopra and other new agers also talk about how you need to put
your intention our there for the universe to handle, fully expecting it
to come to pass, but don't get attached to the expected out come.  We
all need to learn to have absolute faith, while at the same time, let go
and let God, so to speak.

In other words, if you are seeking your bliss, living your purpose,
doing the will of God, etc., the way will open for you and/or you will
be given all that you need to accomplish it, and then some most likely.
For Christians, they might depend on the scriptures that say that Jesus
came to give life and give it more abundantly.  Or perhaps another says
something to the effect "I would have it above all that you would
prosper and be in health"  (something like that).

I still believe I will be cured, but not necessarily if I solely focus
on my cure in and of itself.  I know that if I follow PD wherever it
takes me and learn all that it has to teach me, it will simply go away
of its own accord once its purpose is served.  I must first focus tho'
on pursuing my own life's purpose, meanwhile fully expecting it to
happen, but not worrying about whether it ultimately does or not.

Take care.

Wendy Tebay