I must have missed the original post on this subject.  Why would God
ever do that?  Geez.  Remember back in the times of Jesus, they believed
the same thing about lepers, and all sorts of things.  So, if that were
true, why in the world would Jesus then go a round  healing them all?
And don't forget the story of Job.  Considering all the things that were
thrown at him, boy, he must have done something (or more than one thing)
so unspeakable, that we could not even imagine.  Obviously he never had
done anything and eventually got back more than was taken from him.  Of
course, there's no way a new family could ever replace his former  one
exactly, but as far as all of the other "things" in his life, including
his health, they were replaceable and  he made out better in the end.

I have no doubt that when the PD thing is over for me, I'm going to end
up much better off than I would've been had it never happened.
Payback's gonna happen bigtime!  Everyday and every hour of my life that
is now wasted waiting for meds to either kick in or to slow down,  is
gonna be paid back in some other way later, and in a BIG way.  I have no
doubt of this.  So, I just say, throw it at me now, cuz just wait until
this is over  -  ya better watch out,  uz I'll be unstoppable!  And I
truly mean this.

And if there should be any possibility that God gave this to me, it is
in no way punishment.  AS I've mentioned before, when my youngest
brother died of cancer at 5, when I was 12, I prayed that given how much
he had affected my life in such a short period, given that I could have
even more, I prayed that I could make a corresponding impact.  Boy, did
I ever get my prayer answered or what.  AS they say, be careful what you
pray for.

Someone posted something a while back, if I find where I put the copy I
printed out, It said something about when I prayed for strength, God
gave me challenges to make me strong.  WHen I prayed for patience, God
gave me situations to teach me to trust, etc, etc.

Besides all that, I believe we c hoose our life purposes in conjunction
with God before we come down here.  Hence I doubt we and God would  pick
something out for ourselves that is greater than that which we can
handle.  Sometime we may need to go through situations like these to
learn some of the life lessons we need in order to pursue our purpose
completely, but that's why I believe mine will eventually just go away
once its purpose is served.  Once its taught me all I need to know (and
believe me, that's already been alot), why would it stick around?  If
I'm to go out and change the world (hahaha!) then at some point it'll
become more of an encumbrance than an aid or a teacher, and at that time
it'll back off.  THey say that you are never given more than you can
handle, particularly if you are doing God's will (i.e., your purpose).
Yes, if I didn't learn from this thing and continued down the path I was
on, I doubt it would've eve left.  It would instead remain, trying to
get my attention.
And then again, should I be wrong, well, all I can say is "WTF!"  Maybe
it plays a part in my purpose that I won't be able to figure out until
this life is over.  Still, I'm not too worried either way.   God will
help me deal.  This life is only illusion anway.  If you identify
yourself with your spirit rather than this body, things take on a
different perspective, and you lose alot of the fear of death and other
things that people typically worry about.  Not to say I've got it all
figured out, and that I never worry or stress out, cuz I'd be lying, but
I'm finding as time goes on, I worry less and less about things that are
beyond my control especially.  For example the Y2K poem I posted
recently.  I'm more scared of all the idiots who'll be running around
destorying things that night, either on purpose or in a panic, than I
ever would be about any computer glitch.   Humans do have a way of
blowing things out of proportion.

Wendy Tebay