Irene:  Just for some more info for your friend - based on my husband's
experience.
I notice the protocol has mentioned the Bisacodyl l0 mg. suppositorites but
there
is also a 5mg. enteric coated pill available (same as Dulcolax) but Fleet has
a generic available over the counter  which has worked for him several years
and only
cost half as much as Dulcolax.  He used to have chronic constipation before
the
PD hit him and since he's been on Cogentin from the beginning (l3yr ago) he
did
have severe impactions for some time, trying all the usual remedies before he
was
told about the Bisacodyl.  He  uses it  regularly, but only as he feels he
needs it.
              As noted constipation solutions are as varied as the
individuals, but in case your friend hasn't run across this  possibility I
thought I'd pass along the info...
By the way, my husband hasn't had any severe episodes of impactions for over
5 yr
now - hope your friend finds such a good remedy for her - impactions are
definitely
big trouble and can even be scary - since the medical community doesn't  seem
act like it's too "big a deal".  The pain can be awful and time critical - so
hope she
finds a satisfactory regimen soon!                   Marie