Dear Jackie,
Welcome to the PD listserv, good for you for seeking information to help
your father. Feel free to ask questions, there will usually be someone
who has an answer. Giving your father's age, date of diagnosis, and any
medications he uses will be helpful to those providing answers.

> plus. Since I started researching the Internet I have found out that
> controlling his protein diet has help a lot.

In early stages of PD, most people don't need to worry about restricting
protein; taking levodopa 30-60 minutes before meals is usually fine. In
later stages, when motor fluctuations ("on-off fluctuations") are more
common, protein restriction can help many people get better "on time."
If he's not having fluctuations, he may be fine just taking the levodopa
well before meals.

Best regards,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Medical nutrition therapy
Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
"Parkinson's disease: assessing and managing unique nutrition needs"
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/