Hi Everyone.

I have recently found out that I am in the early stages of Parkinson's.
I am doing ok but so far I just have some tremors in my right hand and a
mild tremor in my left hand. The medication that I am on is making me
feel kinda disconnected and I still have the tremor. I am taking 100 mg
of Amantadine once a day along with 5 mg of Eldepryl twice a day. I also
take Artane, 2 mg in the morning and evening and 1.5 at lunch.  The
Amatadine caused swelling in my hands and feet and the doctor cut back
on it. I started to get a dry mouth and the disconnected feeling when
the doctor increased the Artane. Anyone taking these drugs out there and
are you feeling the same side effects. I have tremors in my right hand
which forces me to use my left hand when eating. I have my office laid
out so that my whole right arm rests on the desk and this allows me to
use my mouse without any shacking. What I have not started is dealing
with the depression that yet may be another pill with additional side
effects. Work is ok but I find myself struggling some time with writing
memos and some memory loss. I have to keep lots of notes and use the
E-mail that works well. My wife wants me to quit my job next year and
move to out Lake Home in Northern Wisconsin and find some kinda work
there till I can collect Social Security. I am 57 and I still need to
work till I can use some of my 401K savings at 59.5. years old. One of
my concerns is Health Care Insurance which is hard to find on some jobs
in the Northern part of the state. We will have to think about this move
some more. I enjoy reading the E-mail on the Exchange and it has helped
me to understand  Parkinson's. I have set up my computer at work to
accept both my work and home E-mail and this way I can keep track of all
that is going on on the network.

Well I have babbled enough.

Joel Eschmann