Suzanne,

You have already received some very good advice with which I agree, and too
which I would like to add the following:

1.    Sinemet is not addictive and can be stopped at any time should you so
wish

2.    Sinemet does not make PD worse so if you stopped taking it after 20
years the full blown PD symptoms you would then experience would be the same
as if you had never taken levodopa.  (Note. There is speculation that
overdosing on levodopa in the early stages of PD MAY hasten its progress.
Even if true this is easily countered by only taking as much sinemet as you
actually need to overcome your symptoms. Which is surely good practice with
any medication).

3.    The positive effects of taking levodopa are so profound that a great
many of us who do experience bad side effects are prepared to go to
extraordinary lengths in order to overcome those side effects and continue
using it.

Suzanne, I would say that if YOU consider that PD is starting to change your
life it is time to start taking Sinemet

Dennis
Dennis Greene 49/dx 37/ onset 32
There's nothing wrong with me that a cure for PD won't fix!
http://members.networx.net.au/~dennisg/