My husband, Jamie, has been having **terrible** problems with excruciating
pain in his mouth.  Apparently, when he eats anything that requires vigorous
chewing, he is biting his tongue - severely.  Not only is the side of his
tongue in shreds, but he suffers almost constant pain as a consequence.
We've brought the problem to the attention of our dentist, our internist,
and our neurologist  - all of whom exclaim that it is a terrible condition,
but none of whom has a solution.

Has anyone on the list suffered from such an affliction??  Can anyone
suggest a treatment?
------
Regards
Mary Ann Ryan (CG Jamie 59/19)