Mary Ann,
I wonder if a referral to a speech-language pathologist would be of
benefit? They work closely in the Parkinson Outreach Program with
patients, with regard to chewing, swallowing, and speaking, and might be
able to recommend exercises or awareness that could help Jamie.

Alternatively, what about a mechanical soft diet? I.e., ground beef
rather than steak, soft-cooked vegetables and fruits -- that don't
require vigorous chewing?

Let us know how he progresses, we care very much.
Best regards,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Medical nutrition therapy
Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
"Parkinson's disease: assessing and managing unique nutrition needs"
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/