I read somewhere that the inside of the mouth can only be bitten if you try
to chew and swallow at the same time.  I used to bite both my tongue and
cheek on a daily basis. Since I have been making sure that I stop chewing
before I swallow (a couple of years now) the problem has almost ceased to
exist. BTW it is easier to control this if you keep to a minimum the amount
of food being chewed at any one time.

I have no idea if there is any scientific basis for this - but it works for
me.

Dennis..
Dennis Greene 49/dx 37/ onset 32
There's nothing wrong with me that a cure for PD won't fix!
http://members.networx.net.au/~dennisg/