Robert Monacci wrote:

> Hi Everyone....I am scheduled for a disability phone interview. Can anyone
> tell me what to expect?  Any helpful information would be appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Bob M. 62/9

Bob...fist of all keep your phone free for at least one hour prior to
your phone apointment time....my rep called me 45 minutes earlier and
apologized for being early and offered to keep the regular appt.
time...I chose to do the interview when she called and get it over
with...have all your paperwork in front of you and basically they go
over your application line by line with you....so you have all the
answers right there in front of you...they will ask you why you can't
work...which is basically why you are applying for disability....how
many doctors you have seen, what they said about your condition and ask
you to get reports from your doctors (on their forms) if you have not
done so)....the doctors' reports will be the documentation that you need
for the approval of
disability....then there's a five-month waiting period while they follow
up your application before you receive a check....it's a pretty good
process and the rep I dealt with was very nice...good luck...Joan