Ivan,

With all the problems that you have at least consider something.  My
consideration although I was scared was What do I have to continue living for
-  to be an invalid in pain until I fall or get pneumonia or wind up in a
nursing facility after first driving my wife crazy?

I chose STN stim but the choice obviously depends on the individual and their
symptoms and their temprament.  I chjose that because it offered the most
hope and on top of that it is reversible.  If something better comes along
the leads can just be pulled out.  A pallidotomy is permanant.  Once it is
done it is done and can't be undone.  Medicare in this one case should be an
advangtage to you as STN and pallidal stimulation are covered by it and not
by many private insurances.

Good luck on your trip. I think it will be worthwhile for you.

Charlie

--

Charles T. Meyer,  M.D.
Middleton (Madison), Wisconsin