> Bonnie, think about this scenario: This happened about 1945, when
> there were
> mostly individually owned drug stores that were not part of super
> markets, or
> appliance stores. Often a pharmacist or two and a couple of family
> members
> running the store.  Also no computers or long check out lines, I'd say
> the
> good old days, but that would show my age!   Oh, yes, no mention of a
> lawsuit, mom just took it back and they swapped it for the correct
> item and
> apologized. Maybe they WERE the good 'ol days!!! :-)

and data would show that the relative number of fatalities due to
mislabeling were far greater than it is now.  By-and-large, the
pharmaceutical industry has been compliant with good manufacturing
practices, but there are still a few cheats here and there that are bent
on squeezing all the $ out of the helpless.  'Caveat Emptor' is still
very much a formidable advice.

Michel Margosis