Hi Hans, Charlie, Renee ad Kevin,

Thank you everyone for your comments and help!

  I will try very hard to keep going as long as I can without surgery,
but it is also clear that Dr. Growdon did not know enough to advise me
about surgery, except to say that I am doing exceptionally well without
it.  He was very honest and cordial, but I myself might
have made a mistake by expecting that he would know more than he did.

"Exceptionally well" is hard to accept, because I  am so tired and always
battling.

I felt gloomy yesterday, to have made that difficult trip, and to not be
any clearer about what is best for me. Maybe I need some time to adjust.
Then hopefully I will feel more hopeful.

I am going to  try to talk to the people who attended Dr. Cook's
presentation at the Newton-Wellesley YOPD support group.   He apparently
spent 2 HOURS anwswering questions about DBS options.  He operated on
Michael J. Fox.

Right this moment I must stop and take medicines again, to avoid going
off into pain
and dystonia.
I guess I will end up having more opinions before I know how to proceed.

Meanwhile,
Thanks again everyone for sharing your ideas and for your support!

Ivan

On Fri, 25 Jun 1999 17:39:20 +0200 Hans van der Genugten
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
> [...]

 Ivan Suzman        49/39/36       [log in to unmask]   :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses           deg. F   :-)