Terry, we actually have a few local family owned pharmacies in my area of
Florida. The one we use will mail us our perscriptions,  and wait for us to
mail a check. When my wife Barbara calls, she just says "this is Barbara"
without giving a last name, and Maureen knows who she is! AMAZING! ( I asked
barbara if they had "caller I D" on the phone, and the answer is "no"! The
store is not fancy, and the hours are short,unlike the big chains that have
stores open 24hr 7 days, but for anything we can order in advance, the local
folks get our business.     Maybe we should have a real town like the one in
the movie "Back to the Future" where we could actually live a few days as if
we were still in the fifties (and me in my teens, the best part!)  Think
about it, dial phones in booths you could share with a couple of kids, A TV
with knobs you can see, and only 3 or 4 stations to pick from, to avoid
confusion,  Almost all the cars about the same size (BIG), or station wagons
(BIGGER) . You could walk all day without seeing anyone with a safety pin in
their eyebrow, or a ring in their nose.  A slice of pizza for 15 cents, an
ice cream bar for a dime.  OLD math, no UNITS, one was one and two was two.
NO "CALL WAITING!"   A doctor who knows you without looking at your  chart.
A record player with ONE speaker, one wire, the wall plug!   Movie theatres
with ONE BIG ROOM,  with  cushy seats and room to walk between the rows, two
films , news and cartoons for 25 cents!  Phone an office and talk to a real
person immediately.  Go to a wedding and have  real live musicians playing
instruments that still work if the lights go out.  No credit cards . If you
want to charge something, you tell the clerk "charge it please" and at the
end of the month, someone (parents) pays the bill.  Okay, I would miss my
computer, but not much else!
Ken B