Carol, my wife of almost 40 years, faces a very difficult decission and I
sollict your input.
I have been mostly, but not exclusively, lurking from the inception of this
List.  I have learned more about PD than I ever wanted to know, but also many
useful things also as my wife, Carol's PD progressed.  Again I ask for some
timely input.  (ASAP as u will c below.)
Quick Background:  Carol is 62, basically good health, X-cpt for...
She is a young onset, symptoms mid to late 40's.  Always a very active,
driven person.  We live in rural New England town, 3,500 popul. near
Worcester, but with no public transportation.  She has her driver's license,
but has stopped driving.

Her main problems are Freezing, OFF periods, and dyskinesia.  We live in a
125 year old Victorian 3 story house in the center of the town.
The most serious thing facing us is that Carol's neurologists suggested that
she see the MGH surgeon, Dr. Reese Cosgrove, and he strongly suggests a
pallidotomy.  (It would be done in the Fall.)  It will be her decision and it
is not clear or easy.  (I ask that anyone who feels that they can contribute
or constructively kibitz to do so as we prepare for next TUESDAY's app't with
her neuro at Fallon HP.)
An interesting spin occurred when Carol & I visited my sleep apnea doctor, a
neuro, and when we were discussing things in my life that could cause stress
- Carol's situation, including the potential pallidotomy, came up.  He asked
if we had considered Tasmar and when we said that we had and Carol had used
it, but her neuro had taken her off it when the liver damage fatalities had
come up.  He said fine compared to another drug, but now we were comparing
the Tasmar risk (which has apparently not continued with many patients using
it under close liver function monitoring) to BRAIN SURGERY.  He then backed
off and said that he did not want too interfere in some other DR's area, but
suggested that we rethink it and discuss it (the possibility of restarting
Tasmar) with Carol's local (15 years) neuro who we are seeing next week.