To all who have had questions about whether pallidotomy or other procedure
will prevent them from being eligible for STN-DBS or other curative
procedures in the future, the answer from Kees' two neurosurgeons and
several neurologists is:

You WILL be eligible after pallidotomy.

We absolutely would NOT have agreed to pallidotomy without that answer.

It is certainly possible and even likely that when new procedures are being
identified and perfected that they will not want to work with people who
have had previous procedures initially, but we expect that after initial
work is done, Kees will be eligible.

The question for us was:  Are we willing to take the chance for potential
delays in more advanced procedures in the future in order for Kees to not be
almost totally disabled now?   Our answer after much research, discussion
and prayer was "yes".

I hope that this helps others when making their decisions.  The best
information from the surgeons is that pallidotomy will NOT prevent anyone
from being able to have other procedures in the future.

Our best to all,

Faye Paap
CG for Kees, 49/10