Dear Charles,
I noted you were on ropinerole which I understand will not be marketed
here.(Australia)  I am at present titrating Mirapex which is just becoming
available here.  It appears the latest edition of Brain has confirmed that
chronic stimulation of the subthalamic nucleus and levodopa produce
dystonia.  Something I was pretty well was aware of through personal
experience and my visit to Professors Benabid and Pollack. I have not been
able to try and get rid of my Levodopa as none of the ergot agonists worked
for me. If its not an imposition could you tell me how long was your
titration period and if you were on ropinirole before your DBS.  I am
currently working my way up by increasing my Mirapex by 0.25, 3 times a day
every five days and yesterday (Sunday) I actually had no levodopa on a dose
of 3/4 of a milligram of Mirapex three times a day.  As I'm working and
driving today I had to take a very minimal dose of levodopa this morning The
results so far are stunning and certainly compliment the DBS surgery.  At
last.

Kind regards
Peter Dawkins