Nancy, I can picture just a large wooden cutting board, attached to the front
of your sink cabinet with  the kind of hardware that holds a table leaf up,
or just hinges attached again to the front of the sink, with a folding leg to
hold up the front.  If the lip of the counter extends far out enough, you
could use a pair of "C" clamps to hold the board on the counter top, and be
able to just unscrew them to store the board.  Another possibility, have a
table built the same hight as the kitchen table, and have a small bar type
sink installed. It could be used a spray bottle  full of water, or maybe
connected to the plumbing like a portable dishwasher, with a connector to the
faucet, and a bucket under the drain to catch the "droppings. This could use
the kitchen chairs. The previous cutting board could use barstools with a
back.  Another more expensive idea, is to have the counter top replaced with
one with an extended front.  I am sure others will have ideas too.
Ken B