This post is I suspect going to be very unpopular but it is strictly my
opinion. As a 52 year old man with PD and a responsibility for enforcing
the Americans With Disabilities Act plus the Title 24 addition in
California by virtue of my job I can say that it is a well intentioned
piece of legislation drawn up and passed without malice to any disabled
person. However in implementation and  and enforcement it is a nightmare.
It is totally unfair to employers and condecending to those with
disabilities by the fact that it lumps all disabilities together. For
instance if a claim of disability for stress is filed it used to be that
10% or your stress had to come from job related activities. The rest could
come from external sources. Now it is an astounding 50%

If medication makes you as it does me able to perform then there is no
compenseable disability in my mind. I see nothing in the Supreme Court
decision that prohibits me from filing a claim if my PD worsens and I can
no longer do my job. Should an airline be able to refuse employment to a
pilot with bad eyesight ? How about a police department for a job as an
armed police officer  or a construction company with a job that requires
heavy lifting not employing a man who has has had disk surgery ? As it
stands before this ruling they were liable

It as I said is a well intentioned law. It was lobbied very strongly by
the various groups with an interest in seeing their active membership
treated well in the initial legislation but as with a lot of disabled
groups ( and the reason I hesitate to get involved) is that some don't
want equality they want an advantage. It is my disease is worse than yours
strategy. Now as employers have tried to do and negotiate with various
lobbies and make it workable neither side will compromise. Now ...we turn
it over to a court to decide for us and we don't like it. We asked their
opinion and we got it...Both barrles. I am in no position to blame my PD
on myself, you, God and least of all my employer. If I become disabled as
I know I will my disability will be non job related. I accept that. I can
file under those set of rules.

My point being that the in your face style of beating employers to
compensate us for something they didn't cause is not fair to them. Beating
them in too a disability for a malady that can be controled by medication
is ridiculous. We either get our act together as PWP. Work with our
employers, unions and legislators or the plain simple truth is we will see
more limits put on the ADA based on it's unworkable, unsurvivable, and
unfair content.

Just my opinion and I would love to hear yours.

Terry