Hi,

At the risk of being a real NAG, and preaching to the choir, since I'm sure many of you are already
doing this,
may I remind you that if you haven't done it yet, that

YOUR LETTERS, E-MAIL, MUST BE SENT IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS TO REACH CONGRESS IN TIME FOR APPROPRIATING
FUNDS FOR PD, AND URGING THEM TO TARGET THOSE FUNDS FOR PD.

Other groups have managed to get funds targeted from 77% to 99% specifically for their particular
disease, MS and AIDS respectively.  WE NEED TO DO THIS ALSO.  Thanks!

Hi all,

It's that time again to write to congress; the letter I sent may be used as a sample.  It is a
revised and tailored version of one that I got from another person.  Please let them hear from us.
Thanks.

Dear Congresswoman Eshoo:

Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney (D-New York) is spearheading a campaign to have
as many congress persons as possible  support  her quest for research funds targeted
for Parkinson's Disease. Research funds are especially important now as
researchers feel they are on the verge of a significant breakthrough.
Each day a delay in funding not only magnifies indifference of the House to  fulfill obligations,
but further confines over  an estimated 1,000,000  afflicted persons to continue to be unnecessarily

imprisoned by  their bodies  with no hope for improvement in their lives.

The Parkinson's community and others  have worked very hard to pass the Udall bill, but we are
still struggling to fully fund it, and target the money for Parkinson's research. We request that
Congresswoman Eshoo contact Carolyn Maloney and offer her support of her appropriation request.

Please do not let  us down.

Sincerely,

Charlotte A. Mancuso
668 Channing Ave.
Palo Alto, CA 94301
e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
////////////////////
PREVIOUS MSGS: FROM HELEN MASON AND ME:
HELLO ALL,

             Wouldn't it be a hopeful way to start the new millenium:
             full-funded and targeted Parkinson's research for the
             year 2000!

             I urge you to respond to Helen's request to e-mail or
             write to Congress.  Thank you Helen for making it easy
             for us.

             Let's unite and just do it!  Thank you.

             Charlotte

/////////