HI:

Possibly  useful:   get a bed side table -- the kind that is adjustable
vertical and is used over the bed for bed ridden patients. I have some second
hand  ones-- they have casters and roll around.  Additional table top area
can
be added using  flat head screws, wood  or bolts & nuts. I have used mine for
many things from  table for slide projector  to computer stand.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~RSM comment  above~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At 09:03 AM 6/27/99 , you wrote:
>Both my husband and I spend a great deal of time in the kitchen cooking
>all sorts of things.  It is an engrossing hobby for both of us.  But it
>is increasingly difficult for both of us (me for PD reasons and Vic for
>orthopedic reasons) to stand and chop, mince etc.  The kitchen table is
>inconvenient because there is no sink in it (of course) and high stools
>at the sink make us sit sideways and are hard on the back.
>
>Do any of you knowledgeable people know of a sturdy shelf that would
>attach easily--perhaps a clamp--and extend out from a kitchen counter so
>that there is room for a sitting person to get knees under it?
>I used to get a lot of self-help magazines, but since I never ordered
>anything they ceased to come.
>
>There may be an entirely different approach to this problem (and some of
>you might have already solved it) so, all suggestions would be very
>welcome.
>
>Thanking this multi-talented group in advance,
>
>Nancy Shlaes deGrazia (62,dx57)

FOR  YOUR  INFO.   REPLY OPPTIONAL
RICHARD  S.  MURDOCK   508   852-5097
E-MAIL:   [log in to unmask]