I don't know how protein affects someone using Sinemet CR but my mother has her Sinemet pills crushed and dissolved in water and takes her dose every two hours.  Fifteen to twenty minutes later she then eats her food.  She eats very little protein and that has made a tremendous difference in the success of the medication.

Teresa, Daughter of Mama (57/43/38)

-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of HotRod
Sent: Saturday, June 26, 1999 10:04 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: protein

    Someone wrote that controlling your Protein intake made you feel better. Is this true and where can I find out about this?
    I found out that I had Parkinson on 5-24-1995 and still I know very little about it.
    I take Sinemet CR 25/100 3 or 4 times a day depending how long that day is. Eldepryl 5 mg. -1 am 1 at noon
    I am 65 years old - 112 lb.. - 4' 6" Will my size make a difference in the amount of Sinemet I need?
    It is time I find out what Parkinson is doing to my body. Any and all help would be approached

  Best Wishes