Cindy....

My mom had mini-strokes, and lupus (and since mom was  82 years of
age, it sure hurt to see her suffer so)  and mom's only contact
with Parkinson's was ME - I have PD.!

The thing is, Cindy (and your mom, too), it's SO easy for everyone
to look at Parkinson's as the ONLY physical problem one can have
if one does have PD, and unfortunately that just isn't the way
reality works.

Those of us living with PD are subject to all the other ills the
rest of humanity is subject
to (and believe me, it pains me to say this).  Having one terrible
disease doesn't mean that::

1.  That's the only disease one will get, and
2.  Our species comes with a "long-healthy-life-warrantee."   (And
in MY opinion, we SHOULD have that - every one of us!) <deep sigh>

Sooooo, m'dear, to your mom I say I hope she'll calm down, accept
the reality that her mother is a "victim of life" as we all are,
which means there WILL be an ending just as there was a beginning,
and hopefully your grandma will be made comfortable with whatever
the medical field has to offer.

To your mom AND you I say , hang  in there and keep being the
wonderful supportive individuals  you appear to be, but take care
of yourselves too. YOUR emotional well-being is important, and
it's all too easy to end up running yourself into the ground in
caring for one's ill loved ones.

Barb Mallut