Barb,
I wish I could go on such a trip, but I am glad for you that you are taking
the opportunity. Have a grand & relaxing time. I think you've put us in
capable hand w/janet.
Bonnie
daughter of Jim 77/3

In a message dated 6/30/1999 4:19:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Beginning on Friday at 5:00 pm, I will be on vacation.  Since the list
>  started in 1993, I have never been out of reach of email for more than a
>  few days.  This time, my husband and brother-in-law and I are taking the
elderly RV that the two guys bought and practically rebuilt and we are
headed off for the Eastern Townships of Quebec.  We will be gone for just
over a week which is far too long to let the error messages and requests
for help pile up. I was comparing how other listowners handle vacation
times but decided most of the solutions were not acceptable for P.I.E.N.
(e.g., shut the list down for the duration).  This morning, I phoned
Janet Paterson, P.I.E.N. list-elf and asked her if she would consider
being the list step-mom and she agreed.  So, as of today, please refer to
Janet (janet paterson <[log in to unmask]>) for list-mom problems.  But
please be kind...this list ownership can be a bit overwhelming at first.

And Janet, thank you very much. :) :) :)