Wendy Tebay wrote:

> snip
>
> Saying that this is all illusion is more of a statement about how alot
> of what defines our lives isn't necessarily the events, the problems,
> the people, the challenges, etc., but rather how we react to them, how
> we internalize them, etc.  Two people can go thru the very same
> experience, like PD, and yet  one may fight it with everything they've
> got, one may get depressed and another may go out and party.  Alot of
> what determines the worth of our lives has far less to do with the facts
> (like that I have PD, that I'm unable to work, etc.)  than it does with
> how we think and feel about them.
>
> While in many respects I hate pd and the negative impacts it has had on
> my life, on the whole, I think it has been and continues to be a
> positive experience.  Obviously, as far as my flesh and my ego are
> concerned, this pd is very real and certinly no illusion, nor shall

> snip

I applaud your attempts at embracing  religious diversity.
It is a difficult thing to do--too many wars have sprung from religious intolerance
( or ignorance )  instead of dialogue.

My life philosophy defines the human life condition similarly to your statement above

( and there are many other states). Each of us will deal with difficulties and
problems in life
according to these life conditions.  Each day requires the effort of striving to put
the best
life condition at our "center", so that we and  people in our environment benefit in
positive way -- creating value and happiness.

My life philosophy recognizes the inseperability of mind and body, each has
is inter-related.   Your attitude will influence the Parkinson symptoms and
the symptoms will influence your outlook on life.

My life philosophy recognizes profound causality for my Parkinsons (though
scientifically it remains a mystery).

I am neither theistic nor atheistic. I recognize the eternity of life.  It helps put
parkinsons in perspective.

I have so much more to say, but, this may not be the place.

--

                             Ray Strand
                 mailto:[log in to unmask]

...on the edge  of the prairie abyss ......................