Hi, my name is Charlie S., a social worker  with PD and we have similiar
symptoms. I just use the mouse with my left hand now and I actually like it
better. The mirapex will eventually help with the symptoms but takes a
couple of months to stabilize. Sometimes our anxiety and difficulty
accepting a PD diagnosis creates "symptoms" and I also have some minor
memory problems too. My co-workers are completely informed and accept that
sometimes I am "not all there" and are very supportive. Eventually I may
have to be off-work because of PD but I just take it "one day at a time" as
I do in another program I belong to.

At 06:29 PM 6/30/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Please help.  I was just diagnosed this year with parkinson disease.  I am
37 years old.  I am an Office Manager for a CPA firm.  My job is starting
to really get to me.  I have tremors and am taking 1.g Mirapex 3 x a day.
The problem is I have trouble with my right hand and my mouse.  The big
problem is I can't remember things on some days and can't calculate or just
comprehend what others are asking of me.  This is not every day but it is
affecting my work and they are getting concerned.  I have short term and
long term disability insurance through work, but if I leave work or if I am
fired I lose my group disability insurance.  I am really scared and not
sure what to do.

>Wendy

                God bless,

                        Charlie