Hello - I'm Mary Williams and I'm new to this list.

I've thought about 'lurking' first in order to avoid asking boring folks
with old issues but it seems to me that the best way to start, and to
evaluate the potential of subscribing, is to air the issue which currently
'bugs' me.

So please direct me to the archive if this is too well-worn an issue.

I have Parkinsons - I was diagnosed six years ago at age 65.  I have a mild
form with slow development.

I'm now taking 4 Sinemet CR per day - with 2 Sinemet (yellow Levodopa 100
mg/25 mg Carbidopa) filling the gaps.

When I have an 'off' period - which comes in the gap when the effects of an
earlier-taken pill has worn off and the next pill hasn't yet 'kicked in' -
I find that my thinking slows down - there's a 'haziness',  feelings of
confusion and inability to cope with problems generally.

Is this part of Parkinsonism or is it a side effect of Dopomine - are these
addiction withdrawal symptoms?

I'll be glad of patient advice.

I am using my brother's computer (and help) whilst I am waiting for my son
to fix me up with my own machine, so will be using my brother as a
messenger for a while.

--
Mary
For personal reflections on aspects of contemporary UK life see:

 "Views from the Hills," at http://www.netcomuk.co.uk/~opoman/index.html

or http://www.opoman.freeserve.co.uk/index.html