At 11:26 PM 7/4/99 +0800, you wrote:
>Marilyn Gang writes:
>unrelated to PD but related to toxic metals, dentists have a higher than
>>average suicide rate:  from all the toxic mercury vapors they have inhaled
>>over the years which makes them depressed.
>
>I think they also have a higher than average rate of PD.
>
>Joy Graham

I started my working life as a Dental Nurse.  We used to handle the mercury
all the time.  Before pre-mixed capsules we would squeeze out the excess
mercury in some gauze!  Our training manual said that care should be taken
not to drop mercury on the floor as the vapours were poison if consistently
breathed in.  No mention of absorbsion through the skin though!  I am in
the process of having a hair analysis done for heavy metal content. I have
to send a hair sample to the U.S.A.  Look forward to seeing every-one at
the Sydney conference in seven weeks.
Regards Mary from Oz.