 Dear Colleagues,
     About 6-8 weeks ago I srarted to lose interest in taking Vitamin E & C; not consciously but kind of at the edge of my mind. 4 weeks ago I ran out of both. At about the same time I noticed an increase in the frequency and intensity of my Blepharospasms, most notable in my right eyelid. I made the connection and resumed taking Vitamins E(900 i.u.) & c (1,000 mgs) but nothing happened until I had a Squamous cell carcinoma removed from my forehead, right over my right eyelid. 7 external stiches,another bunch inside and you know what? The bleps have returned to their previous status, 11PM muscle fatigue shut down the eyelid. An improvement to say the least

      Apparently what happened was that the swelling from the surgery pulled the skin tight making it difficult for the eyelid to close down and gave some time for the vit E & C to take hold. I don't know very much about Vitamins but my understanding is that C is excreted rapidly but the E may hang in there for a longer time.

     I must admit that this all sounds a bit like the 3 stogges but I have no intensions of hitting my head with a hammer and I do not recommend it to you. On the other hand the connection between Vitamins E or C or E & C may be worth thinking about.

   george

Dan Quayle had a trip planned to Beijing, but was worried because
of the turmoil at that end. His security advisor however informed
him that it was pretty safe for D.Q. as, ``They are only harassing
intellectuals''.