Hi Janet,
Of course is the paradox of our time negative and cynical.  We (as a
civilisation) are making all these mistakes in our haste to make life
easier/better/more modern etc.
It is sad that we are losing all the good that we have as a trade-off,
without realising it.
The point I tried to make is that the people not trying to keep up with the
Jones' - staying behind and backwards, so to speak - are not being affected
by this and are keeping all of that which we have lost.  They still know
everything about communication etc without having to go to
classes/college/symposia/shrinks.
Another view could be that modern civilisation have evolved and engineered
and advanced itself backwards.
This all is also, of course, a very coarse generalisation.  The Paradox of
our time was not written as a factual study, but as a warning to what we can
have happen if we do not take time to stop and smell the roses.

Gerrit Kleynscheldt

Tel:    021 947 8918    (International  +27 21 947 8918)
Fax:    021 947 1521    (International  +27 21 947 1521)

Please note the following:
Because e-mail can be altered electronically,
the integrity of this communication cannot be guaranteed.