hi all

At 13:20 1999/07/06 EDT, bonnie wrote:
>janet
>can you explain why you said that about Mary Yost's post?
>I'm still only learning about "netiquette".
>Thanks
>Bonnie
>
>In a message dated 7/6/1999 10:47:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>[log in to unmask] writes:
>

>>  this is considered poor 'netiquette' by some
>>  but so be it:

replying to someone else's message
and quoting the entire thing
with those >>> marks
especially if the message is a tad lengthy
and then
simply adding a "me too!" or "go get'em!" or "i agree."
at the end
is considered poor use of the medium
both in terms of net 'traffic' going out to 1800 members
and in terms of our bulging archive files

i.e. un-necessary and avoidable duplication

this net 'sin' usually results from
incomplete understanding of e-mail software use
which can tend to bring out the 'poor newbie' sneers and put-downs
by pompous old-hand nerds and geeks - whose cages i like to rattle!!

thanks for asking, bonnie
i'll save this one for the newbie file!

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
snail-mail: PO Box 171  Almonte  Ontario  K0A 1A0  Canada
website: a new voice <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>
e-mail: <[log in to unmask]>