hi all

there's been a lot of discussion
about finding and funding the Cure lately

there was a post recently
about someone who's managed pd quite well for 25 years

i've had pd for 14-15 years
i've been on sinemet for 11 years
and i've discovered something new about my med 'management'

i have avoided sinemet cr like the plague
because it tends to give me dyskinesia and dyspepsia
[not a pretty sight]

i have generally stuck to
half 10/100 sinemets every 90 minutes or so
and have had generally good 'coverage' as a result
the only real flaw in the ointment seemed to be eating food [!]

for some unknown reason a couple of weeks ago
i decided to try 'melting' a half 25/100 sinemet cr in my mouth
rather than swallowing it whole
[i didn't care about the time-release factors being wasted]

has anyone else tried this approach with cr?

i'm quite pleased and surprised by the results so far

i have pretty much replaced
about half of my daily sinemet with sinemet cr

no dyskinesia and no dyspepsia
hah!

and a trace of the time release capability seems to be still available
since my "ons" and "offs" are 'gentler' and slower now
hah!

and having something to eat does not seem to interfere
with the subsequent dose as much
hah!

right now i am enjoying a long smooth "on"
the best in months or even a year or two
slightly twitchy toes is all
virtually identical to
pre-pd

it just occured to me
if the cure isn't found for a few years
good med and symptom management is as good as being there

and is as much of a miracle as a cure would be
imho

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
snail-mail: PO Box 171  Almonte  Ontario  K0A 1A0  Canada
website: a new voice <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>
e-mail: <[log in to unmask]>