Just wanted to share my personal experience re:meds.
Tried janet's hint about letting the SinemetCR melt in
your mouth (I know you're not supposed to-I'm a
nurse), but, you know, it really seemed to help. I
don't know if it was psychological or what but I am
going to try it for a while. Re: Permax-my neurologist
is in love with the drug-I've been taking it for about
a year and a half, to smooth out the times between the
Sinemet doses, and while its o.k., I'm not crazy about
it. When we try to increase the dosage I find I get
peripheral edema and the med in general makes me a bit
antsy. Incidentally, I sometimes melt the Permax in my
mouth, too. Well, that's my 5cents worth,
                                    Carole Hercun