Hi,
My name is Mercedes and I have been reading these posts for a couple of days.  My husband, 46, has had PD for over ten years now.  I have read until my head hurts and I can not find any real statistics on success/failure rate of pallidotomy surgery.  The time has come to really seriously consider this.. meds don't often work, pain is unbearable...you know the routine...I can find tons of information about pallidotomy, but where are the cold hard facts?  If anyone has a lead for me I would really appreciate it.  Everything I have found is "marked improvement" etc.  Certainly there have been some failures and certainly there have been some side effects.  The five year studies should be complete and there must be some real info somewhere.

Thanks,
Mercedes

Download Neoplanet at http://www.neoplanet.com