Hi everyone out there--I've been looking for just this special
place--and I found it--and I'm soooo happy!

I'm 56, although I recently told someone I was 55, but then again what
difference does it make!  It wasn't vanity, I guess I just forgot to
advance the year.  I was diagnoised with PD almost two and a half years
ago.  However I had fallen two and a half years prior to that time and
had dislocated my shoulder, had a torn bursa, partial rotator cuff tean,
etc.  Anyway with all the focus on my shoulder, and the final analysis
being that I needed a left sholder replacement  (bone on bone), I
managed  to file away little concerns about other things.  In the
ensuing two and a half years, thanks to my very own "special angel" and
physical therapist I was able to go to work and work.  You see that was
my only request, to help me be able to go to work.  She not only was
superior in her profession, she had the BEST common sense.
I can never repay her and her special care, but I can share that I have
been back several times since the PD DX and she has helped me with the
awful neck pain, and since I'm mainly effected on the left side, and was
having a terrible time at one time walking, and she worked with me and
we got me up and going.  The little message in this looong sentance is
that I do believe if you have a really informed, GOOD physical therapist
they may become invaluable to you.  If you haven't thought of seeing one
you might see if your physician  thinks it might have some merit.  I
wish I could send  my therapist to visit every one of you....and you
would know how special she is.  I haven't had to visit her in the last
year except to say "Hi and Thank You".  That is another concern of mine
re medicare and the limitation of physical therapy....guess I need to
lend my voice and efforts to that issue since I feel so strongly.

Anyway-------------this is going on far to long, sounds like I've kept
it all pent up!  The amazng blessing of my PD is that I work for the
BEST group of Neurologist and "Kind Human Beings"!  I didn't have to
worry about finding the right physician.  Sometimes, however, the fact
that they are my employer makes me maybe not the best historian, as my
job is my livelihood and crucial to my financial survival.  I've decided
to deal with it however, and am trying to keep a journal for the first
time of how I feel.  Maybe I'll be able to share that when the words
fail me.  I know how critical it is for our doctors to have all the
information they can from us....how can I ask for their help if I tie
their hands.  I know from working there for the past eight years, how
often a patient has told me something, and when I ask if they mentioned
that to their doctor the answer was most often NO.  Then I would ask if
I could write a note to the doctor about what we had discussed....the
patients always seemed pleased to have me do so.  I'm getting my message
loud and clear....I'm going to be a
BETTER PATIENT!

Thanks for letting me go on and on, but I am excited that I found you!

Sharon Eissele