Rosemary, How low was his pulse? It is usually easier to count  at the carotid
artery (one bothe sides of the neck) If you know how to count it at his wrist
that might work also. There are many causes for a slow pulse, you will need to
count, not guess, and let his doctor know. You can count it for 15 seconds and
multiply by four , or 30 seconds and multiply by 2- I have never thought that
10 seconds was long enough, too easy to miss something. A full minute is good.
Repeat this during each episode and let his doctor know. Nita