[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Otherwise, a medi-set,one with separate compartments
 for each day and each dosage, that can be filled a
 week in advance and is available in most pharmacies,
 is often a Godsend. >>

Rosemary & Rollin,

Sorry to hear of your attacks - they are scary and I'm sure that you will get
some good advice on them.

On his meds and how much you are involved:
Carol's neuro specifically wanted someone other than
Carol to take charge of the meds.  It is a complex schedule every 2 hours and
different pills each time.  Her (Carol's neuro) statement was the PWP's tend
to overdose on Sinemet, but I think the complexity and importance of regular
times was also involved.  I wil send you Carol's schedule as an attachemnt
off line. (It is an Excel spreadsheet --modify it and use it if it is
helpful.)

Logistically we have devised a system for us that works and requires my
interventiion only once a week.  Since the medi-sets of pill boxes from the
drug store have only 4 compartments a day.  We were able to buy two sets
(different colors: green and one white) each labeled Sun,Mon....and
Morn,Noon,Even, and Bed(we ignore this last set of labels.)
On Sunday we used the green tray of four boxes for the 7am,9,11, and 1 pm
pills and then the Sun white tray of four for her 3pm, 5, 7, and 9 doses.
That leaves the last or bedtime (11pm) dose -- see below. Then I set up the
Mon thru Sat on this pattern.
For the bedtime dose we use a different type simple tray with seven boxes
labeled for each day and leave it on her night stand containing only her
seven bedtime pills for the week. Carol gets her own pill trays(2) each day
and returns the emptiy trays to the same place.  It seems to work for us and
it is really not toooooo complicated when you do it in peace and quiet --
just hard to explain.  Whoever is around with Carol tries to remind her to
taaake the pills on time, but she pretty much manages this herself.

I hope some of this is useful and things get better.

Phil, CG for wife, Carol, 62,15