Don,
        I just wanted to let you know that YOU are a real inspiration to my
dad. He's not got the years of PD behind him that you have & that helps to
give him the willpower to continue to be stubborn & not give in.
Last night we (mom, dad & I) went to a furniture store to pick out a mattress
for dad as he's said that his current one is too firm. Also they're taking a
full size rather than a queen size he's now using to the place they're moving
to. When we first entered the store, one the salesclerks offered dad a
wheelchair since he saw that dad had a cane in one hand & holding my arm. Dad
very firmly said, "No, I don't want to use that thing." He didn't realize how
far he would be walking. He wasn't too thrilled about trying out the
matresses, either (don't know as I blame him). By the time mom & dad got thru
w/their shopping & we got back to the door, dad jokingly asked the clerk if
he had walked to Broad St. (in town about 10 miles away) We all got thru the
ordeal (w/o making a purchase yet) & they got back home before the
thunderstoms hit.
        So, Don, please keep telling your stories.
        Thanks!
Bonnie
daughter of Jim 77/3