John wrote:

> Hello - I'm Mary Williams and I'm new to this list.
> When I have an 'off' period - which comes in the gap when the effects of an
> earlier-taken pill has worn off and the next pill hasn't yet 'kicked in' -
> I find that my thinking slows down - there's a 'haziness',  feelings of
> confusion and inability to cope with problems generally.
>
> Is this part of Parkinsonism or is it a side effect of Dopomine - are these
> addiction withdrawal symptoms?

'Brain Slowing'
Interesting question- There is some recent science showing
definite cognitive impairment in PD, but I don't recall any
correlation with "on" or "off" phases that are dopamine-
related. I should guess it's part of the disease, and not
a side effect of medication, but there must be a lot of
Ginkgo and St. John's enthusiasts out there who might
disagree. Cheers,
Joe
--
J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694