clare,
thank you for the compliments, and i would love to accept them. But it is all
lreally Porky. Frpm the moment he cloimbed out of that box in the storeroomo
under the stairs -pwell, the words just flowed. He tells me what to say. and i
polish it up a little - grammar, syle and so on.
Actually, come to think of it, I did once get paid for writing - but that  was
more of a farce than anything else. I, Hilary Blue, the total
computer-illiterate, was a technical writer - and believe me, that was very
creative. What I did was not strictly writing - I collected information in
Hebrew from the programmer, turned  it into readable, clear logical English,
without really understanding one word of what i was doing. Ah, you say, noe
you understand w hy  comput er manuals are incompr ehensible!