In a message dated 7/5/99 2:01:07 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

                                "Our lives begin to end
                          the day we become silent
                          about things that matter..
                           ...Martin Luther King,Jr.

Dear Friends
The quote at the end of Camilla's post  is what I feel is happening with the
list. How many have writen letters to legislators stating their
disappointment with what is NOT happening with Parkinson's Disease
research---the legislators have the new meds and treatments yes, even the
cure in their hands.
What does it take to get you all involved in some way? Even a phone call to
legislators local offices will help. This week many of them are home and
doing town meetings. Call their offices and find out where and when the
meetings are held and go to them or make an appointment and go see the
senators and reps. Tell they you want the 1997 Udall Bill fully funded for
Parkinson's Disease focussed research and you want it now.  Those of us that
went to the Forum and walked or rode those long halls in wheelchairs can't do
it alone. We need you all to help.
Become proactive please.

Helen Mason