In a message dated 7/5/99 9:32:10 AM Mountain Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< Those of us that
 went to the Forum and walked or rode those long halls in wheelchairs can't do
 it alone. We need you all to help.
 Become proactive please.

Helen, how can anyone know who is and who is not
participating, being 'proactive'?   I've written my congressmen
regularly, whenever there is a suggestion that it might help
the cause, but frankly, I am unable to get on a plane and
fly to forums in other cities.  I believe many, many of the
PWP and caregivers on this List are also doing something,
but we'll never know what that is, or who they are.  But
please know that you are not out there alone.

Clare Wilson