This is the beginning of an article I obtained from Internet.  It
comprises about 8 pages and if you wish, I could E-mail  it to you.
sincerely
Michel Margosis
                             The Mercury Amalgam Scam

                                       Stephen Barrett, M.D.

More than half a century ago, Orson Welles panicked his radio audience
by reporting that Martians had invaded New Jersey. On December 23, 1990,
CBS-TV's "60 Minutes" achieved a similar effect by announcing that
toxins have invaded the
American mouth. There was, however, a big difference. Welles' broadcast
was intended to be entertaining. The "60 Minutes" broadcast, narrated by
veteran reporter Morley Safer, was intended to alarm -- to persuade its
audience that the mercury in
dental fillings is a poison. It was the most irresponsible report on a
health topic ever broadcast on network television.

Mercury is a component of the amalgam used for "silver" fillings. The
other major ingredients are silver, tin, copper, and zinc.  When mixed,
these elements bond to form a strong, stable substance. Very sensitive
instruments can detect billionths of a gram
of mercury vapor in the mouth of a person with amalgam fillings.
However, the minuscule amount of mercury the body absorbs from amalgams
is far below the level that exerts any adverse health effect [1-6].